Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Misadventures with Forms...

I always knew teaching abroad would mean many forms and frustrations, but even so this is...gah. I guess it is made worse by being in school and working a part time job. Things are compounded by the monetary issue. I already owe my mom money so I don't want to ask her and my dad has yet to email me back as to whether or not he can help me financially. My boyfriend has started saying how I should just ask him but I am my mother's child. I want to be an equal and not dependent on someone. But even so I should accept help graciously when I need to. I think I am getting close to needing to.
I turned in my signed Memorandum of Understanding finally this morning. I am so glad to have finally sent it off. I know my mom is freaking but I believe CDI is one of the better places in Korea I can go to teach English right off the bat. Having two friends who are there also helps the matter. Even if we are at different branches just being nearer than we are now will be great.
So part one of turning in my memorandum is done. I need to put in the paperwork for my passport this Friday. Hopefully I will have the cash to. If not...I can't ask my mom, she doesn't want me to go to Korea as it is. My dad...we'll see. I might have to ask help from anh...
After I get things squared away for my passport I need to get to business paying back enough on my credit. I hate not paying things on time, but I want this job and I know after I get it and begin I can pay things back. I don't tend to live above my means and I want to pay off my student loans before thinking of going back to school for my master's. So many things I want to do. Oh well, best get crackin...

No comments: