Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Life...

...goes on.

So I have been dealing with life after the breakup. I have my moments where all I think about is...Anh. But I have to try to move on.

So speaking of moving on...I have a blind date on Saturday. It was set up by a coworker of mine. I talked to the guy and he seems really nice so we will see how things go. Apparently the blind dating thing is pretty common here in Korea. It is common to be set up by parents or friends with the intention of marriage. Now don't get any ideas. That's not why I am going. Marriage is no longer close in my mind, but I suppose I will have to get out there and figure out this whole dating outside of college/high school thing. Might as well do it now...so we shall see how things go...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomly find your blog and it sounds really interesting. I just broke up with my partner and i don't know what to do. I wish I can stand up like you and try to have a date. The feeling of after the breakup is not good at all. How do you feel about it? Do you think dating a new guy will help?

JIW said...

Is he Korean? If so and he likes you it will be a lot of fun. They are really affectionate...meaning give gifts and text message a lot.

Kristen said...

Breakups suck. I'm not even going to pretend to be happy and well adjusted and over my ex. Maybe dating will help, or maybe it will remind you of him. But eventually you will have to move on and do things for yourself...

Joy: Yeup he's Korean, lived in the states for a little while. He called me last night and seems really nice so we shall see...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kristen. My partner and I broke up a month. He go back to america. My friends try to get me go out with other man, but I feel bad if I go out on a date because the breakup is not long ago. What do you think I do? What is blind date? I never date Korean guy before. Have you date a Korean guy before?

Kristen said...

I've never dated a Korean guy before. Actually for the most part I've never 'dated' per se. Usually I went out with a friend who I already liked and had already talked to about possibly pursuing something further. A blind date is I believe going on a date with someone that you have never met...not sure if they have to be recommended by someone or not.

Maybe your friends are right and you should try. Not saying that you should try to ignore how you feel. I still love Anh. If he came back right now I would drop everything and be with him regardless. So I guess just search your feelings. Do you want to go on dates? If yes then do so. If not then wait until you do. Only you can really tell whether you are ready or not.