Monday, April 14, 2008

Yay for passports, a tornado and hydroplaning into a ditch...

The past weekend was an eventful one for me. I finally put in the paperwork for my passport. The staff said it should only take about 3weeks to get it back so I'm banking on it taking about a month. But at least the paperwork is in. So now I am on the hunt for a background check. I ordered my transcripts, I'll receive my diploma in a little less than 4weeks(YIKES!) and then I can fedex that mess to Korea.

But the best story is how I almost died trying to turn in my passport paperwork while tornado sirens were blaring. Imagine this: a back country road, an 18-wheeler, limited sight ability and sheets of rain. To make a long story short since I am exhausted and need sleep, I swerved, hydroplaned and slid into a shallow ditch where I sat and waited to be towed out for 20mins. But then the sun came out like someone up there was trying to apologize...all's well that ends well and all that I suppose.

The weekend was a fairly decent one although my boyfriend and I got into an argument over drama that wasn't even my own. I hate arguing and confrontation and such. I am one of the least confrontational people you could ever meet. It doesn't mean that I'm overly submissive. In fact many of my friends call me stubborn as all hell. I just don't see the point in confronting people for every little thing. Though when someone does provoke my temper...I remember the last time it happened...perhaps a few years ago. Not fun but I wasn't in a very good place then either so who knows.

It's getting down to the wire now. 25days until I am officially a university graduate. I can't believe this moment is finally here. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I won't be attending class after that day. Perhaps when I stop having class and begin packing up my dorm it will finally sink in. Because after that I'll only have about a month and a half before i leave the country...WOW!!!

1 comment:

앤디오빠 said...

Hope there aren't any hassles with your visa paperwork. I know how annoying it can be if something isn't right.